Monday, January 13, 2014

Two Papers, One Rock Star, No Scissors

He walked in at the coffee shop fifteen minutes after I said yes to coming over, and just after I had enough sense to at least put on some lip gloss and powder my nose. He was wearing a dark grey v-neck and dark-washed jeans paired with a black leather jacket and dark loafers. Someone could have told me then he was a timid and private rock star who had a huge fan base because of his mysterious eyes and rare smiles, and I would have believed them. He looked so… hot.

I waved at him when he started looking around, and he walked right up to my table immediately, all the while looking at me like I was the only girl in the room. Yeah, he does that so very often and I melt every time. I most probably looked like a ghost with my lack of sleep and dark circles under my eyes, lanky dead-straight hair, and pale skin (from lack of sleep as well). Plus the fact that my eyes were practically glazed from deprived shut-eye.

“Hey, you look nice,” he tried to say with a straight face as he pulled up a chair to take a seat, and I had to laugh. That had to be the biggest overstatement of the year. He looked at me questioningly, and I had to compose myself. He probably thought he said something wrong or whatever.

“Please, you don’t have to make me feel good by false flattery. I know I’ve had better days. I haven’t slept in like 36 hours,” I said without being able to avoid giggling.

He smiled sheepishly at that and then laughed shyly, “I do think you look nice, given the circumstances. But, uhm, you have had, uhm, better days.”

“That’s better. And thank you. I like me some honesty. You look really nice.” He smiled widely at me. “Doughnut?” I offered him some of the half-eaten chocolate-dipped doughnut (I was using a fork to eat it because it was huge and covered with melted chocolate, and I had to type on my laptop at the same time).

“Err, that won’t do. I haven’t really had dinner yet. I’m gonna get myself a sandwich. What would you like?”

“Oh, uhm… there really aren’t any real food for you here, if you’re looking for a decent dinner. What about the diner across the street?”

“Er… are you sure about that?” he asked, looking worriedly at my laptop. And seriously, when would he stop being so cute with the worrying about me?

I smiled widely. “Yeah, it’s okay. I’m done with the other paper anyway. I have to submit two tomorrow. And I’m surprisingly more than halfway with this one. Which doesn’t have to be submitted until five. I deserve a break.” And with that I practically slammed my laptop close and shoved it into my bag, ready to go within a minute.

We crossed the street and entered the diner. It was a quarter past ten, and when we sat down in one of the booths in one corner and had put down our orders with the nice waitress, I had to ask Luke where he had come from because he really did look extra nice.

“Nah, just a party with some work friends. Didn’t turn out so great because I kept thinking about how much more fun it was to just hang out with you, so… I didn’t get to eat dinner there.” He said it so nonchalantly and with a shrug that I couldn’t decide if I was supposed to be touched or really, really touched about it. But I also couldn’t decide if that was, well, too early for what all of this was. “They served a whole lot of yummy hors d’oeuvres and decided to push the big dinner at ten, so that’s why I’m dressed up a bit fancy.”

“Oh. I like this jacket on you. You look so… like a rock star,” I blushed saying the compliment. I meant to say “hot”, but I chickened out.

He looked down at me (he always does because he was like a foot taller than I was) and whispered a soft “Thanks” right before leaning in and starting a full-on make out session. I still can’t believe what a great kisser he was. I was basically clutching on the lapel of his jacket with his hand on the small of my back pressing me towards him and making sure there was no space between us. We were practically out of breath when we looked up to see the waitress with our orders, clearing her throat loudly.

“Sorry,” we both mumbled at her as she put down the fried chicken, cheese fries, corndogs, burgers, and milkshakes. I knew the kinds of food we ordered were coronary artery murder, but who cared? I sure didn’t, and Luke apparently felt likewise. It was comfort food and I loved every bite.

“Wow, I didn’t think you’d actually finish everything,” Luke said in disbelief as we both finally got to slurping at our milkshakes happily. “I’m sorry, but I took you for a counting calories type of girl.”

“Eww. I don’t do that. I don’t even have time to do that.”

“Yeah, I see that now,” he was still in quite a bit of shock. “Where’d you put all of it, though?” he mock-searched my sides, frisking me with his hands.

“In my mouth, down to my stomach, which is so big right now.” I smirked, looking down at my tummy, and we both laughed at how ridiculous our conversation sounded.

“So. Take out your computer already and work on finishing that paper. You said you were almost done,” he said after a while. I laughed because he sounded just like my dad pestering me with my homework back in high school. “Come on. Then I could take you home. You shouldn’t be out in the wee hours of the morning where it’s still so dark out. What if something happened to you?”

You shouldn’t be out, too,” I shot back at him with a smile. “And I just live a block away.”

“Come on, do the paper already.”

“I can do it tomorrow at school,” I laughingly said. I really could. With my progress tonight (which was so damn surprising), I really could put writing the paper off until tomorrow morning. And yes, that was me procrastinating again. I never learn, do I? But who wouldn’t do the same thing if they were spending some time with someone like Luke?

“Yeah? Because I really want to make out with you right now if you’re not gonna start writing that paper yet.” He was looking at me playfully, those eyes getting darker with boyish mischief.

“I can do it tomorrow at sch –,” I repeated, but was unable to finish what I was trying to say because he had pulled at my hand and kissed me right then. I could still taste the milkshake when I tasted his lips. It was getting so steamy in that booth and there was definitely a lot of groping and petting involved.

“L-Let’s get out of here,” he muttered after a while, catching his breath, and I nodded. He picked up my backpack and held out his hand to help me get up from my seat. When I looked up at him, I laughed. His hair was disheveled and it made his rock star look more believable. But my pink backpack pulled away from that. “What?” he smiled.

“Nothing. You just look really hot with your leather jacket and all, but then you’re wearing a pink backpack, too, so there’s that.” I was giggling by the end of that statement.


“Oh please, I rock this backpack,” he fake-posed with it, and it was so hilarious that we couldn’t stop laughing. The waitress was eyeing us suspiciously. We were acting so carefree like we were drunk and we weren’t even! When I finally stopped giggling and was able to stand up, he pulled out some bills from his wallet and left it on the table before he grabbed my hand. I offered to split the bill but he just waved me away. And he was a very generous tipper. Maybe it was his way of apologizing to the waitress who endured our PDA?

No comments:

Post a Comment